Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Random notes

No search today.

I used to keep a journal of all my dogs' inconsequential activities. I realized I can still do that here, and people can skip over the boring stuff.

Kelsy acted strange, today, and it took me a minute to figure it out. We had gone to the dog park and she had run around like a maniac, chasing her ball and wallowing in her swamp. Then we went to the rain garden at the elementary school, and Kelsy watched me pull weeds. After about an hour, I look over and noticed she had an odd expression. I didn't know what to make of it. I wondered if Mount Rainier was about to blow. When I got closer, I noticed she was trembling. I looked around for what might be causing her to tremble, but nothing was unusual. Finally, it occurred to me that she was cold! I had never seen her cold before. Since I first got Porter eleven years ago, I have never seen any of my three dogs cold. It never occurred to me that they could get cold. They are always rolling in the snow and plunging into half-frozen lakes. Just last week, Kelsy went swimming in Puget Sound during a storm. I guess lying on the concrete in the rain, not moving, finally quenched her furnace. I felt bad for making her cold, but it had never dawned on me that she could be cold. We went and hopped in the truck, and she was instantly fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment