Friday, March 23, 2012

Practice search for Littlefoot





Kelsy found Littlefoot in practice today.  This trail was a little less than a mile, about six hours old.  The scent article was Littlefoot's collar.  I knew the trail in advance, so I could watch Kelsy's reactions.  She followed the trail almost exactly.  She went wide on one turn in an intersection at 4th and 144th.  This is typical.  The conditions were warm and dry, relatively.  Kelsy started the trail somewhat slowly, and the last 200 yards she pulled hard.  I think she must have gotten some direct air scent, as the wind was blowing from the west.  Littlefoot seemed happy to be found.  I thought I heard her laughing. 

Now for Seattle, WA (98188)

Temp: 51°F
Feels like: 51°F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 46%
Wind: WNW 11 mph


No comments:

Post a Comment